John C. Meyers, MA, CRC
John has been providing vocational rehabilitation consulting services since 1980. John has testified over 200 times in Superior Court in family law, employment law and personal injury cases. John has been designated as the court’s 730 expert over 200 times, and has completed over 1,000 vocational evaluations in family law cases. As a contract expert for the Social Security Administration for over 25 years, John has acted as a vocational expert in thousands of hearings. Long term disability insurance carriers, plaintiff’s attorneys and defense attorneys hire John to perform labor market research and transferable skills analyses in connection with long term disability claims. In the workers’ compensation arena, John has completed hundreds of earning capacity evaluations within the context of ever changing laws regarding the evidence which must be considered in workers’ compensation cases. An important part of John’s practice is career counseling. For almost 35 years, John has been helping individuals with career choices and facilitating job placement success.
Aaron N. Meyers, Office Manager
Chris J. Meyers, MRC, CRC, CLCP
Chris has been working as a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant with Meyers VCS since December of 2012. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from San Diego State University, a Master’s Degree in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling from the University of Kentucky, and has completed a Life Care Planning training program through Capital University. Mr. Meyers’ vocational rehabilitation background includes:
- Program Director for MVCS’ Federal EN contract with the Social Security Administration and responsible for the provision and/or coordination of service delivery to Social Security disability beneficiaries
- Experience performing analyses of vocational rehabilitation and earning capacity issues involving workers’ compensation, long term disability, personal injury, social security, and family law matters
- Experience performing in-depth case analysis including:
- comprehensive medical records review to identify residual functional capacity and other salient medical information;
- consulting with medical professionals and treatment providers;
administering vocational tests;
- performing transferable skills analyses to identify future appropriate vocational options;
- research and review of published literature regarding the impact of demographic variables and medical
- conditions on work life expectancy, employability and earning capacity
- research and review of past and current literature regarding impairment, disability and disease processes;
- completion and integration of national, state, and local labor market research.
- Experience conducting on-site job analyses to identify and report specific physical, cognitive, and environmental demands of jobs found in the economy.
- Experience testifying as a Vocational Rehabilitation expert in Superior Court
- Experience testifying as a vocational rehabilitation expert in Social Security Disability Adjudication hearings
Phone: (805) 650-5905